The Takoma Park Board of Elections is seeking qualified individuals to serve as election judges. There are a variety of opportunities for participation this year:
- Election Day Judges serve 6 am to 10 pm on election day (November 5) and assist with setting up the polling place at 7 p.m. the night before.
- Election Day Closers work 6 pm to 10 pm on election day (November 5).
Early Voting Judges work for part or all of early voting:
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Thursday, Oct. 31, 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Friday, Nov. 1, 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 3, 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
Election Day Judges receive a stipend of $140. Election Day Closing Judges receive a stipend of $35. Early Voting Judges receive a stipend of $70 per day.
All must attend a training on Thursday, October 24, 7 - 9:30 pm or Saturday, October 26, 10 am -12:30 pm
Election judges must be registered to vote in Takoma Park or Montgomery County. Judges must be able to read, speak and understand English. Residents who speak a second language, non-citizen residents, and youth ages 16 and up are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is October 4. For additional information, contact Assistant City Clerk Irma Andia at IrmaN@takomaparkmd.gov or at 301-891-7214.