The City of Takoma Park’s Arts and Humanities Commission is accepting proposals for exhibits in the Takoma Park Community Center. The Takoma Park Community Center is a vibrant hub of activity. Hundreds of people pass through each week including children and families for after school programs, seniors for fitness classes and many more. The artwork on display in our galleries adds beauty and inspiration to the everyday busyness in our lives.
Exhibits are generally on display for two months and are scheduled 6 months in advance. We attempt to thematically group artists so that exhibits can have a cohesive theme.
The exhibiting entity will be responsible for all details of the exhibit, including delivery, display and removal of exhibit materials, promotion of the exhibit, and required insurance. Guidelines for the development of a successful exhibit in the Community Center will be provided to selected exhibitors.
The City of Takoma Park does not take commission for art sales. All sale proceeds go to the artist. All sold works must remain on exhibit until the end of the show.
The City of Takoma Park will promote the exhibit via our website, newsletter (print and online), and through Facebook. All work entered will be considered available for marketing purposes. The City of Takoma Park will host an artist reception; artist attendance is required.
About the Galleries in the Takoma Park Community Center
- Atrium Gallery – appropriate for painting, illustrations and framed work
- Suspended Space – in the atrium, perfect for mobiles, puppets and textile art
- 3rd Floor Gallery - appropriate for painting, illustrations and framed work
- Dempsey Gallery - near the art room; often reserved for newer or “up and coming” artists
- Corridor Gallery - a series of five secured and lighted display cases (3.5 ft. x 5.5 ft. x 12 inches) near the library; most appropriate for jewelry, ceramics and small sculptures
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 9:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 - 5:00 pm
*The 3rd Floor Gallery is only open Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.