Please take a minute to review our registration policies. Please contact 301-891-7290 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
With ActiveNet you can use a credit card to:
- Register for recreation classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Reserve a park or recreation facility for an event
- Receive class confirmation via e-mail
- View and print class schedules
- Purchase memberships to Gym and Weight Room
Instructions for Online Registration
- Access ActiveNet (https://activenet010.active.com/takomaparkrecreation/) and click on the “Registration” link.
- Click “Request account”.
- Fill out all necessary information, making sure to fill out all spaces marked with an asterisk.
- Click “Submit” or enter other family members into system at this time.
- Open your e-mail to find your approval letter. Click on link to be redirected to site to register.
- Next click on “View activities”. Use search criteria to locate the class you want to register for.
- Choose the class you desire. Make sure you select the correct session (if applicable).
- Review class information scroll down and click “Add to my cart”.
- Choose the participant who is registering for the class. Then click “Continue”.
- Double check you are registering for the right class and click “Continue” to checkout.
- Print receipt for your records.
If you are having trouble registering, or if you have questions concerning classes, please call 301-891-7290 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
You can still register via mail or walk in:
City of Takoma Park
7500 Maple Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Make checks or money orders payable to:
- City of Takoma Park
- Please list ‘program name’ and ‘participants name’ on front of check
Wait List Policy
In the event that a program has more interest than available space, we will keep a waiting list. Individuals on the waiting list will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that another class is created, individuals from the waiting list will be contacted.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any program/class due to insufficient enrollment or to substitute teachers without participant notification.
- Classes may be canceled on school holidays, vacations, snow days or any other dates noted in the guide. If schools close midday due to a weather or other emergency, children’s classes will also be canceled. Every attempt will be made to reschedule classes canceled due to weather emergencies, but refunds cannot be guaranteed.
- Resident rates apply to those persons who reside in, pay taxes to and are eligible to vote in the City of Takoma Park elections (if 18 years of age or older). Non-resident rates apply to those who live outside of Takoma Park or those who have a Takoma Park mailing address but do not pay taxes to the City. When registering for a class or conducting business as a Takoma Park resident, proof is required in the form of a state issued photo ID or current lease with a valid Takoma Park address.
Please read carefully.
- Registrants assume the risk of changes in personal affairs or health.
- Refunds will be approved with written/electronic notification received seven working days prior to scheduled start of program. A $15.00 administrative fee will be deducted from the total refund and may take up to 30 days to receive.
- Registrant may choose to receive a credit for the remaining amount which may be used for another program. Credits MUST be used by June 30. 2014. After that time the credit will be forfeited. Credits cannot be transferred.
- Refunds after the program has begun will be considered only with medical verification (No Exception). No refund after the program has ended.
The City of Takoma Park Recreation Department implements the following late pick-up policy for all program participants. A fee of $10.00 will be assessed for every 15 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time for each participant up to 1 hour or for a total of $40. Payment must be in cash at the time of pick-up and paid directly to the staff member assigned. One hour after the scheduled pick-up time, program staff will bring your child to the Takoma Park Police Department, where parent or guardian can pick-up their child.