Safe Roadways Committee
The purpose of the Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee shall be as follows:
- To advise the City Council on transportation-related issues including, but not limited to, pedestrian and bicycle facilities and safety, traffic issues, and transit services.
- To encourage Takoma Park residents to use alternatives to driving, including walking, bicycling, and transit. (Ord. 2012-38 § 1, 2012/Ord. 2004-08 § 2, 2004)
Safe Roadways Committee Membership
Adapted from Takoma Park Municipal Code 2.16.110:
The Committee consists of up to 11 persons to be appointed by the Council. Efforts shall be made to have representation from each of the City’s wards. Members may serve for no more than six years continuously.
Committee members shall serve staggered two-year terms with initial appointments of one and two years. All terms shall begin on July 1 and end on June 30. Midterm vacancies shall be filled to serve the balance of the unexpired term.
Safe Roadways Committee Members
|First Name||Last Name||Ward|
Safe Roadways Committee Meetings
The Safe Roadways Committee generally meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM. Meeting dates and agenda deadlines are posted on the City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Calendar page.
Changes of location or date will be posted in the Community Center and noted on the City Council, Board, Commission & Committee Calendar page.
Safe Roadways Committee Agendas & Approved MinutesTable: Safe Roadways Committee Agendas & Approved Minutes.
Agendas and Minutes
All Agendas & Minutes link to PDF files.
- January 11, 2016 – Agenda
- December 14, 2015 – Draft Agenda – Minutes
- December 16, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- November 18, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- October 14, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- September 9, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- August 12, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- July 8, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- June 12, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- May 8, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- April 10, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- March 13, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- February 20, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
- January 9, 2014 – Agenda – Minutes
Safe Roadways Committee Reports & Other Documents
|Date||Document Type / Description||Title & Link (PDF)|
|2015-11-15||Report||Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee Recommendations to Takoma Park City Council to Improve Bikeshare|
|2015-01-12||Report||Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee Annual Report|
|2015-01-12||Presentation||Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee Annual Report - Presentation|
|2014-04-21||Presentation||Safe Roadways - Snow, Peds, Bikes, & City Operations|
|2014-03-03||Reccomendations||Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee - Snow & Ice Storm Response Recommendations to City Council|
|2014-02-01||Report||Takoma Park Safe Roadways Committee Bikeshare Position Paper to City Council|