Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
To assist residents with proper and safe disposal of hazardous waste, the Public Works Department holds an annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day.
On Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day, Takoma Park residents can drop off household hazardous waste for free (non-residents will be charged a $10 fee) at the yard at the Public Works Facility. The Public Works Facility is located at 31 Oswego Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day 2016
The 2016’s Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day is scheduled for Saturday, May 7, 2016 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Next Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
The next event is scheduled to take place Saturday, May 7, 2016.
What Can Be Accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day in Takoma Park
- aerosol cans containing hazardous products
- antifreeze and hydraulic fluids (5 gallon limit)
- batteries : lithium, lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, car (lead acid)
- brake fluid
- charcoal containing flammable agents
- driveway sealant, tar
- gasoline, gas-oil mixes, kerosene
- herbicides, insecticides and pesticides
- fluorescent light tubes and ballast
- thermostats and thermometers containing mercury
- oil based paints, paint thinners and solvents
- photographic chemicals
Not Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items
- latex paint
- commercial, industrial or medical wastes
- compressed gas cylinders or radioactive materials
Please direct your questions and concerns related to Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day to:
Special Projects Coordinator
Public Works Sections
The Safe Grow law restricts the use of cosmetic lawn pesticides on both private and public property throughout Takoma Park.Learn About Safe Grow
Georgetown University Energy Prize
First quarter rankings are in — Takoma Park is #29.
Visit our Sustainability page to find out how you can help us get closer to the $5 million prize!Help us win!