Celebrate Takoma Festival
The Celebrate Takoma Festival features the culinary tastes, festive performances, visual and performing arts, crafts and games that originate from nations around the world.
The Takoma-Piney Branch Neighborhood Park is transformed into a world of fun and learning; the venue for this family festival that features a large stage of free live entertainment, food and craft vending, exhibit areas and game area (nominal fees charged for food and merchandise vendors). Incorporated into the festival again this year will be the Takoma Foundation’s Azalea Awards. Don’t miss the fun!
Celebrate Takoma 2016 is scheduled for Sunday, May 15. For more information or to participate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Takoma 2014
Last year’s Celebrate Takoma was a huge success and City TV was there! Check out Snapshots #123 which opens with a wonderful segment about the Celebrate Takoma festival!
Important Celebrate Takoma Festival Information
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- Due to limited parking – walking is encouraged!
- Bring your lawn chair or blanket and enjoy this family fun day.
Celebrate Takoma Festival Location
The Celebrate Takoma Festival Takoma-Piney Branch Neighborhood Park (behind Piney Branch Elementary School)
Celebrate Takoma Festival Vendors
The following food vendors participated last year:
- Auntie Connie – Caribbean
- BFF on Wheels – Italian Ice, Funnel Cakes, etc.
- Chef Hogate’s – Thai
- Helping Hands – Hod Dogs, Snow Cones, Fries, etc.
- Jump for Youngsters – Carnival
- Lastradamobile – Italian
- Star Halai – Grilled Goat, Lamb & Chicken
- Thai Master Grill – Thai and Beverages
- Whim Pop – Popsicles
The following community vendors participated last year:
- Cislin Duncan Foundation
- City of Takoma Park Sustainability Office
- Crossroads Community Food Network
- Independence Day Committee
- Maryland Insurance
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Montgomery County Board of Elections
- Takoma Foundation
- Takoma Park Boys & Girls Club
- Takoma Park Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Takoma/Langley Crossroads Development Authority
The following merchandise vendors participated year:
- Amy Marx – Jewelry & Art Work
- Bags & Beads – Handbags & Jewelry
- Blessed Coffee – Coffee Beans & Ceremony
- The Board Bus – Skateboards
- David Camero – Masks
- Furry Friends – Teddy Bears
- Holly Russo – Authentic Beads
- Mireya Vargas – Jewelry
- Relay Foods – Grocery Gift Cards
- Star Halai – African Wear
- TBI Art – Art Work
The following is a list of entertainers who participated last year:
|11:45 AM||Community Band|
|12:25 PM||Takoma Foundation Grant Awards|
|12:40 PM||Roda Movements Capoeira Demo|
|12:55 PM||Conjure Woman Band|
|1:15 PM||Steel Pan Band|
|2:00 PM||Thomas Young Ethiopian Dancers|
|2:40 PM||PBES Kids with Rachna|
|2:50 PM||TPES Kids|
|3:00 PM||Wendy Lanxner and Kids|
|3:20 PM||Princess Mhoon Dancers with the
|4:00 PM||Proverbs Reggae Band|
The Fall 2015 City Guide has landed!
Find a class, get ready to vote and find about all the wonderful events happening this fall in the Guide!Get the Guide Now!