Celebrate Takoma Festival
SAVE THE DATE:
May 18, 2019
About the Celebrate Takoma Festival
The Celebrate Takoma Festival features the culinary tastes, festive performances, visual and performing arts, crafts and games that originate from nations around the world.
Maple Avenue is transformed into a world of fun and learning; the venue for this family festival that features a large stage of free live entertainment, food vendors, exhibit areas and game area (nominal fees charged for food vendors). Incorporated into the festival again this year will be the Takoma Foundation’s Azalea Awards. Don’t miss the fun!
See below for more detailed information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Celebrate Takoma Festival Information
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- Due to limited parking – walking is encouraged!
- Bring your lawn chair and enjoy this family fun day.
- Takoma Park Police Department will be placing “No Parking” signs from the Community Center to Lee Avenue (including Piney Branch Elementary School parking lot) to ensure a safe experience for the participants and vendors. Please adhere to the signage as towing will be enforced.
- The following street closures and bus detours will begin at 12:00 (noon):
- Maple Ave (from Philadelphia Ave to Lee Ave) will be closed from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Grant Ave will be closed at Hancock Ave from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- The Takoma Park Police Department will be placing “No Parking” signs on Maple Ave. from the Community Center to Lee Avenue (including Piney Branch Elementary School parking lot) to ensure a safe experience for the participants and vendors. Please adhere to the signage as towing will be enforced.
- Entrances and exits to apartment complexes in the celebration area will be blocked beginning at 12:00pm to allow for proper set-up. (We recommend parking on a side street if you will need access to your car from 12:00pm-8:00pm on Saturday, May 18th.)
- Bus routes will be affected. Please check with Metro or Ride-On for specific detour routes and times.
2019 Celebrate Takoma Festival Vendors
At this time our Community Vendor area is full
Amnesty International https://www.amnestyusa.org/
CareRite TFC Inc http://careritetfc.org/
CCI WIC https://cciweb.org/wic/
Cislin Duncan Foundation
City of Takoma Park Emergency Preparedness www.takomaparkmd.gov
City of Takoma Park Fire Department https://www.tpvfd.org/
Crossroads Community Food Network www.
C.U.A.H (Communities United Against Hate) https://cuahmcmd.org/
EF International Language Campus https://www.ef.edu/ilsd/
Heart of Tabitha Foundation http://www.
Jamaican National Association https://jnaofdc.org/
Performing Arts Center for African Cultures Inc https://pacafricancultures.
Power of Grace Foundation https://
Takoma Park Co-Op https://tpss.coop/
Takoma Park Independence Day Committee https://takomapark4th.org/
Takoma Park Community Band https://tkpkcommunityband.
Village of Takoma Park https://villageoftakomapark.
2019 Entertainment Line-Up
4:00 – Elena & Los Fulanos
4:50 – Thomas Young Ethiopian Dancers
5:20 – Piney Branch Elementary Dancers
5:45 – Azalea Awards
6:10 – Panquility Steel Pan Band
In Case of Inclement Weather
We will make every attempt to hold the event outside on Maple Ave. At the time of set-up we will make the final determination. In case of inclement weather we will set-up inside with food vendors outside the main entrance. Street closures will be lifted if the event is moved indoors.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line