In April 2020, the Mayor & City Council of Takoma Park voted to continue to work with RR/MM Lukmire Architects on a new library design. We need your feedback on the proposed design!
The Council needs to have the design completed in order to arrive at the full cost of the new library. Once the design is finished, the Council will then decide on whether or not the City should move forward with library construction later this year.
The Council must choose between three design options for the exterior of the new Library building, as presented by Lead Architect Greg Lukmire in the February 2020 public work session. City staff worked with RR/MM Lukmire Architects to incorporate elements that would enhance the visitor’s experience with the new library into each exterior option, including the amount of solid walls, the character of the entry, and amount of glass.
The entire survey must be completed for your vote to count.
Here’s how curbside service will work:
To check out books, all books on your library card first must be returned! Once you return your books in the book-drop, they are quarantined for four days, so they will still appear on your account for a few days after you’ve brought them back.
Before requesting books, please check our catalog to see if we have the book, and if it is available. This saves us time, and allows us to serve more patrons.
Requests will be taken by email (strongly preferred), and by phone. The email and phone numbers will be published as we start the service.
- Phone requests will be taken Mondays and Wednesdays, 10-12 and 4-6, and Saturdays, 10-12.
- Please provide your birthday, in either your email or phone request, so we can call up your account, and also to ensure you get the books you ordered.
- Patrons are limited to 5 books per order.
Picking up your books
- Once your requested books are ready. we’ll give you a pick-up window. Mondays and Wednesdays, 12-2 and 6-8, and Saturdays, 12-3.
- Call when you get to the Library during your assigned window. We’ll bring them to you. The number to call will be published as we start the service.