- 900 block of Merrimac Drive, on Friday, February 28 at 11:13 pm, a male, 23, was arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DUI).
- 7600 block of New Hampshire Avenue, on Sunday, March 2 at 6:23 pm, a male, unk age, was arrested for trespassing and issued a criminal citation.
- 7400 block of New Hampshire Avenue, on Monday, March 3 at 1:46 pm, a male, 52, was arrested for two counts of possession of controlled dangerous substance (CDS) paraphernalia.
- 7500 block of Maple Avenue, on Tuesday, March 4 at 7:04 pm, two males arrived at the police station to report a pedestrian struck (one of the individuals was the pedestrian and the other was the driver of the vehicle). No serious injury.
- 7600 block of Takoma Avenue, on Thursday, March 6 at 10:12 am, officers responded for vandalism to Montgomery College.
- 7300 block of Holly Avenue, on Thursday, March 6 at 1:21 pm, two males, 24 and 25, were arrested for possession of controlled dangerous substance (CDS) Marijuana, issued criminal citations and released.
- 6900 block of New Hampshire Avenue, on Wednesday, March 5 at 9:35 pm, Takoma Park Police were notified by Montgomery County Police of an armed carjacking that occurred in the area of the 8000 block of Eastern Avenue, NW, Washington, DC. Takoma Park Police set up a perimeter along the Takoma Park borders near Eastern Avenue, Piney Branch Road and New Hampshire Avenue and assisted other jurisdictions in the search. The suspects are described as (1) black male last seen wearing a gray-hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, last seen fleeing on foot in the 500 block of Tuckerman Street, NW and (2) black male last seen wearing a black jacket.
- 7300 block of Carroll Avenue, on Friday, February 28 at 3:01 am, officers responded for an occupied suspicious vehicle. Female suspect, 56, was found to be in possession of controlled dangerous substance (PCP) and Marijuana and driving while impaired. Evidence was impounded and charges are pending further investigation.
- 200 block of Ethan Allen Avenue, on Friday, February 28 at 11:53 am, officers responded for an assault that occurred one month prior. Victim was assaulted by a co-worker, unknown male, 23-24 years old, which resulted in injury to the victim.
- 100 block of Lee Avenue, on Friday, February 28 at 7:34 pm, officers responded for vandalism and destruction of property. Unknown suspect(s) damaged some fences.
- 7600 block of Maple Avenue, on Saturday, March 1 at 2:46 pm, officers responded for damage to the apartment building.
- 8300 block of Roanoke Drive, on Saturday, March 1 at 9:30 am, officers responded for an auto theft and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- 700 block of Hudson Avenue, on Saturday, March 1 at 11:56 pm, officers responded for a complaint of disorderly conduct.
- 7500 block of Wildwood Drive, on Wednesday, March 5 at 7:15 am, officers responded for a theft of auto parts. The victim’s tires and rims were stolen.
- 1200 block of Elson Place, on Tuesday, March 4 at 1:23 pm, officers responded for a fraudulent letter received by the victim from a purported "IRS" agent.
- 1300 block of University Blvd., on Tuesday, March 4 at 2:04 pm, officers responded to the 7-11 for theft under, possession of counterfeit currency and attempt to utter counterfeit currency. The suspect, a male, unk age, tried to pay for services with counterfeit currency and fled the establishment when it was brought to his attention.
- 7600 block of New Hampshire Avenue, on Wednesday, March 5 at 5:17 pm, officers responded for a theft of services. Three females walked into a nail salon, received services and then fled without paying.
Use your cell phone to send an anonymous tip to the Takoma Park Police Department.
- Text to 847411
- Type TPPDTIP at the beginning of your message.
- Type your message, including as much detail as possible, to ensure that your tip is thoroughly investigated.
If you see a crime in progress, contact the Takoma Park Police at 301-270-1100. If you need to report an emergency that involves the need for fire or rescue services, call 9-1-1.