• No results found for this search.

Street Closure Permit


The City of Takoma Park encourages block parties as a great way for residents to come together and strengthen the community. Residential street closure for block parties requires a permit.

How to apply for a block party permit:

  1. Print a street closure petition.
  2. Survey your neighborhood and request the signatures of 60% of households on subject street. If subject street provides the only ingress/egress for other streets, those streets must be petitioned.
  3. Submit petition to the City Clerk’s Office at least 7 business days prior to the block party date. If the the request is approved, the permit will be mailed or sent to you via e-mail.

Barricades to close off the street(s) are available for pick-up at the Public Works facility, 31 Oswego Ave., Monday – Friday; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. You will be asked to show your permit. Barricades are to be returned the next business day after the event.┬áStreet(s) must reopen before nightfall.For County and State roads, there is a different process.

Petition to Close Street (PDF)

Permits & Licenses Sections