Emergency Preparedness: Agencies and Resources
Please see below a list of preparedness agencies and organizations that have additional information and resources you may find helpful.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water – one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Copies of important documents, i.e. insurance papers, birth certificates, bills, medical insurance etc..
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
- Any special items you would need for elderly, persons with disabilities, or for the very young