Parking Management Task Force
The City Council is seeking volunteers to serve on the Parking Management Task Force. The Task Force will be asked to review parking management in the City, consider policy proposals for parking management, engage community participation in identifying problems and considering policy proposals, and provide advice to the City Council on possible next steps.
City staff will present the Task Force with the data and research on parking management, as well as staff’s suggestions for consideration by the Task Force. Guiding questions for the work of the Task Force will include:
- How should uses of on-street space be prioritized?
- What are the City’s objectives for the City’s right-of-way network?
- How well does the City’s current parking program manage:
- parking meter demand, turn-over and rates?
- commercial demand for employees and customers?
- on-street parking space and Residential Parking Permit zones?
- disability parking needs?
- parking enforcement?
- What are the equity issues in the current parking program?
- How can parking be managed to address the City’s concerns about climate change and sustainability?
The City Council will appoint members in October 2019. It is expected that the Parking Management Task Force will complete its work in six to eight months.
The Council will appoint approximately 10 Takoma Park residents to the Task Force. Membership will include residents who live in apartments as well as single family homes.
To Apply (The application deadline has been extended . . . Apply Now!)
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Apply to serve on the Task Force: