Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
The 2017 Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2017, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at Public Works Yard.
To assist residents with proper and safe disposal of hazardous waste, the Public Works Department holds an annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day.
On Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day, Takoma Park residents can drop off household hazardous waste for free (non-residents will be charged a $10 fee) at the yard at the Public Works Facility.
Next Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day
The next event scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2017.
What Can Be Accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day in Takoma Park
- aerosol cans containing hazardous products
- antifreeze and hydraulic fluids (5 gallon limit)
- batteries : lithium, lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, car (lead acid)
- brake fluid
- charcoal containing flammable agents
- driveway sealant, tar
- gasoline, gas-oil mixes, kerosene
- herbicides, insecticides and pesticides
- fluorescent light tubes and ballast
- thermostats and thermometers containing mercury
- oil based paints, paint thinners and solvents
- photographic chemicals
Not Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items
- latex paint
- commercial, industrial or medical wastes
- compressed gas cylinders or radioactive materials
Please direct your questions and concerns related to Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day to:
Special Projects Coordinator
Public Works Sections
Georgetown University Energy Prize
First quarter rankings are in — Takoma Park is #29.
Visit our Sustainability page to find out how you can help us get closer to the $5 million prize!Help us win!