Celebrate Takoma Festival
SAVE THE DATE:
May 18, 2019
About the Celebrate Takoma Festival
The Celebrate Takoma Festival features the culinary tastes, festive performances, visual and performing arts, crafts and games that originate from nations around the world.
Maple Avenue is transformed into a world of fun and learning; the venue for this family festival that features a large stage of free live entertainment, food vendors, exhibit areas and game area (nominal fees charged for food vendors). Incorporated into the festival again this year will be the Takoma Foundation’s Azalea Awards. Don’t miss the fun!
See below for more detailed information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Celebrate Takoma Festival Information
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- Due to limited parking – walking is encouraged!
- Bring your lawn chair and enjoy this family fun day.
- Takoma Park Police Department will be placing “No Parking” signs from the Community Center to Lee Avenue (including Piney Branch Elementary School parking lot) to ensure a safe experience for the participants and vendors. Please adhere to the signage as towing will be enforced. (Still in effect even though event has moved indoors for 2018)
- Bus routes may still be effected. Please check with Metro or Ride-On for specific detour routes and times.
2018 Celebrate Takoma Festival Vendors
2018 Food Vendors:
- Suya 2 Go (Afro Caribbean)
- Chef Hogate (Thai)
- Curley’s BBQ
- Jammin Flava
2018 Community Vendors:
- Casa De Maryland
- Hispanic Business Foundation
- EF International Language Campuse
- Takoma/Langley Crossroads Development Authority
- TPSS Co-Op
- Crossroads Community Food Network
- Impact Silver Spring
- Community Bridges
- CUAH (Communities United Against Hate)
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Independence Day Committee/Community Band
- TP Emergency Preparedness Committee
- TP Volunteer Fire Department
- Cislin Duncan Foundation
- TP Sustainability
- Jamaican Nationals Association
- Takoma Park Nuclear Free Committee
- TP Board of Elections
- Village of Takoma Park
Want to be a vendor in 2019? Email:
2018 Entertainment Line-Up
3:30 – Community Band
4:00 – Black Masala
4:30 – Piney Branch Elementary Dance Troupe
4:45 – Carpe Diem Ukes on the Move Ukulele Strum-Along and Sing-Along
5:00 – Thomas Young Ethiopian Dance Troupe
5:30 – African Arts, Culture and Education (ACE) Academy Dance Troupe
5:50 – Azalea Awards
6:15 – Panquility Steel Pan Band
In Case of Inclement Weather
We will make every attempt to hold the event outside on Maple Ave. At the time of set-up we will make the final determination. In case of inclement weather we will set-up inside Piney Branch Elementary School with food vendors outside the main entrance. Street closures will be lifted if the event is moved indoors.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line