Celebrate Takoma Festival
About the Celebrate Takoma Festival
The Celebrate Takoma Festival features the culinary tastes, festive performances, visual and performing arts, crafts and games that originate from nations around the world.
Maple Avenue is transformed into a world of fun and learning; the venue for this family festival that features a large stage of free live entertainment, food vendors, exhibit areas and game area (nominal fees charged for food vendors). Incorporated into the festival again this year will be the Takoma Foundation’s Azalea Awards. Don’t miss the fun!
Celebrate Takoma 2016 was Saturday, May 14 from 4:00-7:00 PM. See below for more detailed information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Takoma 2016
Last year’s Celebrate Takoma was a huge success and City TV was there! Check out the We Are Takoma Show highlighting the event.
Important Celebrate Takoma Festival Information
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- Due to limited parking – walking is encouraged!
- Bring your lawn chair and enjoy this family fun day.
- Maple Ave (from Philadelphia Ave to Lee Ave) will be closed from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Grant Ave will be closed at Hancock Ave from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Detours will be set in place including bus routes to ensure smooth traffic flow. Please check with Metro or Ride-On for specific detour routes and times.
- Parking at Piney Branch Elementary School during this time is unauthorized as well.
Celebrate Takoma Festival Vendors
The following food vendors participated in 2016:
- Chef Hogate’s – Thai
- Cheryl’s Kitchen – Nuts
- DC Ballers – Falafel, Hummus & Fries
- DC Slices – Pizza
- Everlasting Life – Vegan
- Mesob on Wheels – Ethiopian
The following community vendors participated in 2016:
- City of Takoma Park Sustainability Office
- Crossroads Community Food Network
- EF International Language Center
- Gustus Orthodontist
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Takoma Foundation
- Takoma Park Community Band
- Takoma Park Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Takoma Park Independence Day Committee
- Takoma/Langley Crossroads Development Authority
- Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department
In Case of Inclement Weather
We will make every attempt to hold the event outside on Maple Ave. At the time of set-up we will make the final determination. In case of inclement weather we will set-up inside Piney Branch Elementary School.
The following is a list of entertainers who performed in 2016:
|3:30 PM||Community Band|
|4:00 PM||Panquility Steel Band|
|4:45 PM||Flamenco DC|
|5:05 PM||Thomas Young Ethiopian Dancers|
|5:35 PM||Conjure Woman Band|
|5:35 PM||Piney Brach Elementary Dancers|
|5:55 PM||Takoma Foundation Azalea Awards|
|6:15 PM||Proverbs Reggae Band|