Halloween Events 2020
While our typical Monster Bash event is canceled this year due to COVID-19, it wont stop the fun!
Decorate Your Dwelling
We know how much Takoma Park loves Halloween, so let’s really show it off this year! Residents can go all out on decorating in four different categories and Takoma Park businesses can get in on the action too. Guidelines are below, be sure to include one of the below hashtags when submitting on social media so your entry can be counted. Deadline to submit is Wednesday, Oct. 28th at noon.
Decorate Your Dwelling Contest Guidelines
- Entrants must be a Takoma Park Resident. Only one entry per household.
- Entries must be submitted via the City’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) by using the specific category’s hashtag by Wednesday, October 28th, 12:00 PM.
- Categories include:
- Door and/or Window (#TKPKHALLOWEEN2020Door)
- Room in Home (#TKPKHALLOWEEN2020Room)
- Yard (#TKPKHALLOWEEN2020Yard)
- Balcony, Porch or Deck (#TKPKHALLOWEEN2020Balcony)
- Business Storefronts (#TKPKHALLOWEEN2020Storefront)
- Winners will receive a $50 gift card to be used at a local TP business.
- Winners will be announced on the City of Takoma Park website and social media pages on Saturday, October 31. Contest winners will be notified via social media to confirm contact information.
- Photos may be displayed on the City of Takoma Park website, social media pages or print material. Select photos will be used in future promotional materials.
- Please be safe and have fun! Good luck!
We have two great virtual events scheduled for the whole family! Zoom links will be posted closer to the event. Both shows are approx. 45 minutes in length – so don’t be late!
Friday, Oct. 30
Enter a world where nothing is impossible and the seemingly ordinary becomes the incredible. Be amazed by beautiful, original illusions, astounding feats of mentalism and engaging classics of magic. Share smiles and magic in an interactive and wondrous entertainment experience. Follow this link to join the show at 7pm: http://bit.ly/TKPKHalloweenMagic
Saturday, Oct. 31
Candace Wolfe is an amazing story-teller with lots of great adventures! She has preformed many times for the Library. Grab a blanket and some popcorn as Candace tells a spine-tingling tale for Halloween night. Follow this link to join the show at 7pm: http://bit.ly/TKPKHalloweenStorytelling
Family Walk & Chalk
Participate in our Halloween events this year and sport your costume at the Family Walk and Chalk. Everyone is welcome to take a self guided stroll down Sligo Creek Pkwy (Old Carroll to Piney Branch) and admire some local artists’ chalk art. You and your family can join in on the fun as well and create your own chalk art pieces (chalk provided onsite). No program or parade, just providing a space to show off your costumes and see (from afar) your friends.
- You are welcome to take your individual chalk container with you when we you leave.
- Please maintain physical distancing at all times and wear a CDC approved mask.
Show off those great costumes by visiting the location in your Ward (or closest to you). We will have hand sanitizer at the entrance and one way directional signs. Kids can pick up one bag of treats at each table while supplies last.
We need your help! Businesses or residents interested in safely distributing candy at one of our locations can register by emailing email@example.com. Space is limited.
Guidelines for the Halloween Walk-Thru Event
- Wear a CDC approved mask (even under a costume mask)
- Please use the “Slime Station” (hand sanitizer) upon entry
- Follow the markers on the ground so everyone goes in the same direction
- Be sure to physical distance from others at all times
- Take one treat from each table, while supplies last
- Please do not linger at tables or once finished to maintain CDC guidelines
- Most importantly – HAVE FUN!