About Bikeshare Expansion
This project entails the installation of two new Capital Bikeshare stations at the Recreation Center on New Hampshire Avenue and at the Takoma/Langley Crossroads near the new Transit Center. This project is part of the Takoma Park Bikeways Program.
Current Project Status
New Capital Bikeshare stations were installed February 15, 2017 at two locations:
- Takoma Park Recreation Center at 7315 New Hampshire Avenue, adjacent to the northbound New Hampshire Avenue sidewalk. See Site Plan.
- Westbound Kirklynn Avenue between New Hampshire Avenue and Hammond Avenue, adjacent to the south driveway of the Hampshire Langley shopping center. A new bumpout was constructed in the Kirklynn Avenue right-of-way to accommodate the bikeshare station. See Concept Design.
Project Lead & Contact Info
Community Development Manager
Bikeshare Expansion Details
Project Info & Timeline
- Completion date: 2017 – February 15
- Target completion date: 2017 – April
- Project initiation date: 2015 – September
- Takoma Park’s role in project: Lead
- Departments involved: Housing & Community Development and Public Works
Budget & Funding Source
Funding Sources: City of Takoma Park and the Maryland Department of Transportation’s Bikeways Program
Links & Notes
The City was awarded $100,000 from the Maryland Bikeways Program in FY16 for two new bike share stations, to be installed in FY17.