Information and Resources: COVID-19 Reopening Schedule
City Offices and facilities are open to the public
You are not required to come in person to conduct most of your business with the City. Staff continues to be available by phone and email, fees can be paid online or by phone, answers to your inquiries can likely be found on the website.
Passports and Notary Services require an appointment.
COVID-19 Testing Kits and Mask Are Now Available at Takoma Park Maryland Library
Update: April 2022
At home test kits and Mask are now available for pick up. Please stop by anytime the Library is open
Takoma Park Maryland Library
City of Takoma Park
101 Philadelphia Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Monday-Thursday, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday-Sunday, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Extended: Onsite COVID-19 PCR Testing on Wednesdays in May!
For more info visit: PCR Testing in Takoma Park
In partnership with Montgomery County, the City of Takoma Park is extending its COVID-19 PCR testing clinics and will offer them on select Wednesdays in April.
Days: Wednesdays in May
(May 4, 11, 18, & 25)
Time: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Takoma Park Recreation Center
7315 New Hampshire Ave
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Vaccines and Boosters
To find learn about vaccines and boosters please visit: www.GoVAXMoco.com
Takoma Park by the Numbers
View the new dashboard to access up-to-date data on cases and vaccinations in the 20912 zip-code (we have paused the old dashboard with City-level information while we await updated data from the County; it can be found here).
How to Stay in touch with the City
- Please also be sure you are signed up for Takoma Park Alerts to receive emergency alerts. This is very important.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or make suggestions.
- Subscribe to the Takoma Insider, the bi-monthly digital City Newsletter.
- Follow the City on Facebook and Twitter.
City Facilities and Services
You may come to the walk-up window on the 3rd floor of the Community Center to make payments associated with a City-issued invoice, or you can do so by phone or online by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. A convenience fee of 2.9% or $1.50, whichever is greater, will be charged. The following fees can be paid online:
Please call 301-891-7212 to talk with Finance staff or to make a payment by credit card.
- Although the library is open to the public, you may still use Books to Go Contact-free book check out
- Visit the Program Calendar for Circle Time, Sketch Club, and other ongoing outdoor and online programs.
- Get to know the Takoma Park library’s online offerings. Check out e-books and audiobooks, language-learning, offerings for kids, and more!
City Council meetings are held in the Community Center but will continue to be accessible to watch online or on television.
Watch live (or view afterward) the City Council meeting in all the usual ways:
- on the City Council Video Page of the City Website
- on City TV (RCN – Channel 13, HD Channel 1060; Comcast/Xfinity – Channel 13; Verizon Fios – Channel 28)
- on Facebook
- on YouTube
Public Comments on Voting Items Only
Persons wishing to submit comments for the City Council meeting should send the comments to email@example.com. Public comments on voting items will be read aloud.
Resources and Programs to Give or Receive Assistance
This is not a complete list. Please let us know if there are any additional resources we should share with our community. Before visiting businesses please make sure nothing has changed in their status.
The City of Takoma Park does not require masks in any City Facility or Building but are strongly encouraged!
Face Masks Are No Longer Required in City Buildings and Facilities
Masks are Strongly Encouraged if you are:
- Unvaccinated, and
- Social distancing is challenging, and
- When there is direct interaction between the public and staff
Mascarillas No Son Obligatorias en el Centro Comunitario y en Otros Edificios Que Pertenesen a la Ciudad, Pero se Recomiendan Seriamente
Se recomiendan el uso de mascarillas seriamente si:
- Usted No Esta Vacunado, y
- El distanciamiento social es un desafío, y
- Hay interacción directa entre el público y el personal
Face masks are no longer required when using public transportation – federal government statement.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Health Information – Trusted Sources
- Get tested for free in Montgomery County
- Test sites throughout Maryland
- Free COVID-19 Testing available at select CVS locations: Fill out a short questionnaire regarding symptoms and referrals, and if approved, an appointment can be booked for drive up testing.
- State of Maryland COVID-19 FAQs in several languages covering State services, general safety guidance, and health information.
- CDC Health Information
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Resources
- FDA Do Not Use Hand Sanitizer Products Manufactured by Eskbiochem due to the potential presence of methanol (wood alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested. List of products here.
- Feed The Fridge – Takoma Park
- Food Access Call Center. Call 311. County staff will work with you to get individualized help.
- Grocery Assistance for Low-income Seniors | Montgomery County, MD
- Montgomery County Food Council – COVID-19: Local Food System Resources
- Meals on Wheels– There are local Meals on Wheels programs that provide assistance for those who need meals delivered.
- Silver Spring Cares raises funds to pay local Takoma Park and Silver Spring restaurants to prepare meals to be distributed for free to those in need through Small Things Matter.
- Manna Food Center
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Takoma Park Farmers Market
- Small Things Matter Kokua Foods
Especially for Seniors
- Village of Takoma Park – The Village of Takoma Park provides support for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Maryland Seniors Call Check-in Program
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
- MCPS will offer meals at no charge to all students for school year 2021–22! The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has granted waivers for meal service for this school year. These waivers allow all students to receive meals at no charge, regardless of free or reduced-priced status. MCPS will offer breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper on all instructional school days. The waivers also allow snack and supper to be taken home for consumption.
- Wellness Resources: If you believe your child is in crisis, please contact the Montgomery County Crisis Center at 240-777-4000. Students can also reach out to their counselor and school psychologist to set up a confidential appointment.
- Waymaking Video Series
Managing Stress and Anxiety for Students
Managing Stress and Anxiety during Social Distancing
- Civil Justice, Inc. 410-706-0174, Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm for help with garnishment of stimulus check, auto fraud, and repossession abuse
- Catholic University of America Community Legal Services 202-319-6788 for help with Chapter 7 bankruptcy, IRS disputes and payment agreements
- Maryland Legal Aid – Montgomery County Office, Legal assistance, including Wills and Powers of Attorney. 240-314-0373
- Pro Bono Program of the Montgomery County Bar Foundation, Inc., Wills and Powers of Attorney 301-424-7651
- Standby Guardianship Project, Inc., help with Standby Guardianship form and family safety planning. Maureen Laurenas 240-773-8260 and Cam Crockett 240-535-5966
- Free COVID-19 Vaccine transportation: Regency Taxi is providing free transportation to adults aged 65 and up to and from their Covid vaccination appointments. Once you are qualified for your vaccine, call Regency Taxi to schedule your free ride!
- Regency Taxi: 301- 990- 9000