Update: All In-Person Recreation Classes and Programs Continue Postponed Until January 24, 2022
Please visit this page frequently for the latest updates regarding COVID-19 impacts!
Update January 16, 2022: The postponement of in-person recreation classes will remain in effect until January 24, 2022. (We will continue to monitor the surge of COVID-19 numbers)
Due to the continued surge of COVID-19 cases in the Washington DC Metropolitan area, City Manager Jamal Fox continues to postpone all in-person Recreation classes and programs.
The following Programs will continue as long as Montgomery County Public Schools remain in session:
- Morning & Afternoon Addition will continue to be offered at the Takoma Park Community Center
- Before & After the Bell will continue to be offered at the Takoma Park Recreation Center
The following services will continue to be by appointment only:
Winter Basketball League (Updated on 01/16/22)
- Basketball practices will begin on Monday, January 31, 2022.
- We will only hold practices at this time until we receive clearance from CUPF to resume league games.
Futsal League (Updated on 01/16/2022)
- Futsal practices will begin Saturday, February 5, 2022.
Rentals (Updated on 01/16/2022)
- Rentals Services will begin on Monday, January 24, 2022.
Classes (Updated on 01/16/2022)
- Classes and drop-in activities will resume on Monday, January 24, 2022
The City Manager Fox reminds all employees and guests that the Mask Mandate continues in all City Offices and Facilities.