Help Restore the Urban Forest Canopy: Plant-A-Tree – Orders Accepted Through October 25th
The City of Takoma Park offers discounted tree plantings for private property for the Spring and Fall planting seasons. Orders are now being accepted for Fall 2021 through October 25th.
- The City covers half of the cost of the first tree — the cost to you is $130.
- Additional trees are $260 each, at the City’s reduced wholesale cost.
- The Urban Forest Manager will coordinate the entire ordering and planting processes.
- You’ll receive a minimum 1.5” caliper tree (6-10 feet tall) planted with a ring of mulch and a deer guard.
- More details on the order form.
Trees offer numerous benefits to the public at large, including cooling the city, intercepting stormwater, supporting a robust local ecology, and providing for aesthetic improvement of our urban landscape. With a changing climate and increasing environmental stressors challenging our mature tree populations, planting new young trees is more important than ever. You can be a part of this important cause by having a tree planted in your yard and we are here to help you make that happen.
We look forward to working with you to restore the urban forest canopy of Takoma Park and beautify your yard.