RFP #HCD 2021-10-11 - Contract for Services: Food Insecurity Reduction Program Due Date: November 12, 2021 at 11:59pm
Request for Proposals (RFP) documents will be available beginning Monday, October 11, 2021. Bid packages may be obtained from the City of Takoma Park’s website: RFP #HCD 2021-10-11
Proposals Responses are due by:
Due no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 12, 2021
Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
Registration: To attend the Zoom informational meeting, send an email to
- firstname.lastname@example.org to receive log-in information
- Include your first and last name and telephone number
- Attendance is not mandatory but is recommended.
RFP #HCD 2021-10-11
The City of Takoma Park is pleased to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) for services to reduce food insecurity for disadvantaged or underserved populations of individuals and families residing in the City of Takoma Park. The RFP seeks Contractors that possess the knowledge and expertise to address the following initiatives:
• Increase access to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, for qualifying disadvantaged or underserved populations of individuals and families residing in the City of Takoma Park through community outreach, education, and enrollment initiatives. Consideration will be given to Contractors serving populations including older adults, veterans, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and those with limited English proficiency (LEP).
• Provide, secure, and distribute quality and nutritious fresh food to
disadvantaged or underserved populations and food-insecure residents from a fixed-site location with scheduled pick-up and/or provide delivery service to residents at risk for food insecurity, residents with limited mobility, and school-age children.
Grayce Wiggins, Housing Manager
Housing and Community Development Department
City of Takoma Park
7500 Maple Avenue
Takoma Park, Maryland 20912