Safe Grow Garden Photo Contest is Back! April 1-24
The City of Takoma Park would like to announce that the Safe Grow Garden Photo Contest is back! The photo contest will begin on April 1st! This year’s theme is: Together We Bloom.
Together We Bloom focuses on unity within our City. We can all agree 2020 was a tough year. However, one main takeaway is that our community came together; from helping each other feel safe during the pandemic. As a community we shall continue to bloom together. We shall flourish.
The Safe Grow Garden Photo Garden Contest will begin April 1 – 24. All photo submissions must be sent BEFORE the April 24th deadline.
How does the contest work?
Is your lawn, apartment, and/or patio garden free of synthetic pesticides (including herbicides and fungicides) and safe for wildlife, pets, and people?
Interpret the theme as you wish and show us your meaning through photography. The contest will have first place, second place, and third place winners. The winners will receive the Safe Grow Garden Photo Contest Flag!
- Must be an original color or black and white photograph.
- Only Takoma Park residents are eligible.
- The garden, vegetables, plants, or flowers featured must be from a Takoma Park patio, yard, garden, porch, deck, etc. that abides by the Takoma Park Safe Grow Act * for more information click here*
- By submitting photos, you grant permission for your photo to be used by the City of Takoma Park on social media, websites, and any marketing campaigns.
How to Submit:
- Beginning April 1 – 24 you can submit your photo through social media and or email.
- Social media: Please submit photos by using the #TogetherWeBloomTKPK on the social media platform of your preference (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Don’t forget to use the hashtag and tag us!
- Email: You can also email us your photos.
- Email the photo to:
Please include your name, phone number, and email address.