Update: Books-to-Go Service Expanding
- Starting Monday, January 4, 2021
- Monday-Friday: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Email Request (Strongly Preferred)
- The subject line: should include your name (even if it is part of your email address), the type of books you want (A for adult
books, J for children’s/teen books), and either the last four digits of your library card or the month and day of your birthday.
- In the body of the email: list the books you are requesting. It will help us to help you if you first search our online catalog, and provide us with the title, and call number (not the barcode). Also, please make sure it is available. If it is a fiction work, please use what we have in the catalog. For instance, the call number for Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is FIC SALINGER. For a non-fiction book, such as Birds of Eastern North America by Paul Sterry, the call number is 598.097 STERRY.
- We will reply when we have fulfilled your request, and let you know when you may to pick up your books. Incomplete information will delay the process.
To request books by phone, call 240- 507-0229 between 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- We will ask you for your name and the last four digits of your library card number or the month and day of your birthday.
- When you give us the titles of the books you want, please give us the author and call number as well (if you are using the catalog).
When you arrive for pick-up, please call 301-580-0085. We’ll bring out your books and leave them on a table for you to pick up.