We Are Expecting Some Wintry Weather in the DMV Over The Next Few Days - Know Who to Contact
Contact Information for Emergencies and/or Services During Bad Weather
We are expecting some wintry weather in the DMV over the next few days. Please know who to contact in an emergency and check on your neighbors.
For any storm-related emergencies, including any injury, tree into a structure, or downed power lines that could still be electrified, call 911.
To report downed branches and other debris in the public right of way – roadways or sidewalks – contact Takoma Park Public Works at: email@example.com or 301-891-7633.
- For power outages and to check estimated restoration times, call Pepco at 1-877-737-2662 or visit their power outage webpage at Pepco Power Outage Map.
- BGE: 877-778-2222
- Potomac Edison/First Energy: 1-888-544-4877
For issues with cable lines or the internet, call your service provider.
For Montgomery County, if you need or see someone who needs shelter,
- Call the Community Crisis Center at 240-777-4000,
- Shelter Services at 240-777-3289,
- Takoma Park Police non-emergency at 301-270-1100 or
- Montgomery County Police non-emergency 301-279-8000
Takoma Park Alerts – Sign-up
Takoma Park Alert will deliver important emergency alerts, notifications, and updates to you by whichever of the available methods you choose.
- Sign up now to be notified quickly of emergencies, severe weather, unexpected road closures, and other public safety incidents.