Make a Difference - Plant a Tree: Good Incentives through October 11, 2019
Deadline: Trees can be ordered through October 11, 2019.
- The City will contribute $100 towards the first tree purchased.
- Residents can have a 2″ diameter tree installed by the City’s landscape contractor for $95 plus 6% sales tax, for a total of $100.70.
- Additional trees will cost $195 plus 6% sales tax.
- The trees are warrantied for one year.
- The $100 discount is NOT AVAILABLE for a tree required by a tree removal permit replanting agreement.
- Residents can select a tree(s) from the following seven tree species:
- Swamp White Oak,
- Princeton Elm,
- Bald Cypress,
- Black Gum,
- American Linden,
- River Birch
A limited number of grants are available for low-to-moderate-income homeowners.
Tip on planting trees:
In selecting a tree planting location, make sure to keep in mind the eventual size of the tree and pay attention to underground/overhead utilities, building foundations, and walkways/sidewalks.
Use Tree Location Guidelines:
Use the Right Tree Right Place principle for tree location selection: See Guidelines
After your order has been received, the City’s Urban Forest Manager will notify you of the planting date/time.
Please include a completed form (print form here), with a check made payable to: City of Takoma Park, for the number of trees selected, plus tax = Total Order
Mail or drop off to:
Urban Forest Manager,
31 Oswego Ave.,
Silver Spring, MD, 20910.