UPDATE: 2nd Conference Call Scheduled for Wednesday, Jan 22 at 10am - Solicitation for Community Engagement Process for Redevelopment of the Takoma Park Rec Ctr
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The City of Takoma Park will engage a firm to implement a robust community engagement process for the redevelopment of the Takoma Park Recreation Center. The primary objective of this effort is to begin an equitable community engagement process that educates the residents of Takoma Park on the development process and captures the informed needs and preferences for the redevelopment project so that the City can implement a collaborative process as this site is redeveloped. It is imperative that the process is inclusive and values the diversity of input from all City residents, especially residents living within close proximity of the future redevelopment site.
Read the Solicitation in its entirety: Solicitation for Community Engagement Process for Redevelopment
The City anticipates the selected firm will execute the community engagement process and a final report before the end of the 2019/2020 fiscal year on June 30, 2020.
- RFP Open: Friday, December 20, 2019
- Informational Conference Call: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 10:30am – Dial: 301-891-7650
- UPDATE: 2nd Informational Conference Call: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:00am – Dial: 301-891-7650
- RFP Close: 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 31, 2020
SUBMISSION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE
The deadline for submission of the proposal is 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 31, 2020.
Proposals must be submitted electronically to SamiraCG@takomaparkmd.gov. The email subject line must read “RFP #HCD 2019-12-20” with the submission attached as a single PDF, not more than 10 pages in length, excluding required certifications. All submittals received after the closing date and time will not be entered into the review and selection process.
For Solicitation questions:
Grace Yixian Zhou, Economic Development Division
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT GOALS
The City is seeking to identify a Community Engagement Partner who will work collaboratively with City staff to accomplish the following goals:
- Educate residents about the development process and therefore empower them to participate in the community engagement process.
- Create and execute an inclusive community engagement process that responds to the communication styles and languages of the residents. The prevailing languages in the City are English, Spanish, Amharic, and French.
- Include engaging and innovative vehicles for education and feedback that go beyond or enhance the effectiveness of traditional community meetings.
- Introduce concepts of civic engagement and resident empowerment through education and knowledge sharing while seeking opportunities, when possible, to bolster residents’ long-term engagement with the City beyond this project
- Develop a comprehensive report of community needs and preferences for the Recreation Center site.