Reminder! Make a Difference - Plant a Tree: Incentives Ends Monday, April 20, 2020
Trees can be ordered today through Friday, April 20, 2020.
The spring season is a good time to plant trees. Takoma Park residents can help replenish the aging tree canopy and take
advantage of incentives. The city will contribute $115 towards the first tree purchased
- Residents can have a 2″ diameter tree installed by the City’s landscape contractor for $95 plus 6% sales tax, for a total of $100.70.
- Additional trees will cost $210 plus 6% sales tax.
- The trees are warrantied for one year.
- The $115 discount is NOT AVAILABLE for a tree required by a tree removal permit replanting agreement.
- Residents can select a tree(s) from the following seven tree species:
- Black Gum,
- River Birch
- Southern Magnolia
- Swamp White Oak,
- White Oak
- Willow Oak
A limited number of grants are available for low-to-moderate-income homeowners.
Tip on planting trees:
In selecting a tree planting location, make sure to keep in mind the eventual size of the tree and pay attention to underground/overhead utilities, building foundations, and walkways/sidewalks.
Use Tree Location Guidelines:
Use the Right Tree Right Place principle for tree location selection: See Guidelines
After your order has been received, the City’s Urban Forest Manager will notify you of the planting date/time.
Please include a completed form or print (editable PDF Form ), with a check made payable to: City of Takoma Park, for the number of trees selected, plus tax = Total Order
Mail or drop off to:
Urban Forest Manager,
31 Oswego Ave.,
Silver Spring, MD, 20910.