Spring is here and so are our yard care activities. Noise producing activities, such as mowing and leaf blowing, can disturb neighbors. Please keep in mind that no such noise producing activity should begin before 7 a.m. on weekdays or 9 a.m. on weekends.
Also, please consider replacing your gasoline powered lawn care equipment with electric or battery powered; they produce far less noise and air pollution. Each of us can play a part in reducing noise levels and being a good neighbor:
- Monitor the volume of televisions, radios, and other sound-producing equipment, especially during nighttime. Pay particular attention to bass controls.
- Use manual tools, such as brooms and rakes, for cleaning porches, patios, and driveways. Reserve power tools like leaf blowers for large jobs that cannot be done manually.
- Consider the impact of noise from power tools in your home, garage, or outdoors.
- Check central and window air conditioning units periodically to ensure that they are operating as quietly as possible.
- Do not let dogs bark constantly.
This article was featured in the May 2022 Newsletter. Visit the Takoma Park Newsletter webpage to see full list of past newsletters.