2021 Fall Leaf Collection Schedule: Monday, Nov 15 through Friday, Dec 17.
2021 Fall Leaf Collection
Fall leaf collection starts November 15, 2021, and continues through December 17, 2021.
- This year’s collection will divide the City into five zones with one leaf collection vehicle per zone.
- This will result in two collections through November 15, 2021, and December 17, 2021.
State Highway routes will receive two collections on the following scheduled dates:
- Saturday, November 20, and Monday, December 13
Streets affected Carroll Ave, Ethan Allen Ave, and Philadelphia Ave
- Friday, November 12, and Saturday, December 4
Streets affected Flower Ave and Piney Branch Rd.
Leaf Collection Hotline
Public Works has set up a Leaf Collection Hotline at 301-891-7626. Residents may call the Leaf Collection Hotline and leave a voice message to notify Public Works when leaves have been raked out to the curb. Public Works expects to collect the leaves within two weeks.
Important guidelines to be followed for leaf collection
- Place leaves into a pile close to the edge of the curb.
- Avoid piling leaves where cars are likely to be parked.
- Do not rake leaves into the street. Leaf piles create traffic hazards.
- Do not include branches, brush, vines, rocks, or debris. These items damage equipment and delay collection.
- Do not pile leaves near storm drain inlets. Leaves can block the drains and cause flooding problems.
- Do not park your car in front of a leaf pile. Restricting access to leaf piles delays collection.
Learn more about the City’s leaf collection schedule and guidelines for 2021.