Join the Takoma Park Youth Council - Applications Now Available
The City Council will appoint 11 young people to serve as the 2019-2020 Takoma Park Youth Council. The application deadline is June 28, 2019.
Youth Council members are eligible to earn SSL hours.
Youth Council member qualifications:
- Takoma Park residents in grades 7-12
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average for the current school year
The Takoma Park Youth Council provides opportunities for young people in Takoma Park:
- Learn about Takoma Park government by active participation.
- Help the City Council to address problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of youth.
- Serve the youth of Takoma Park by:
- informing the Takoma Park municipal government of the needs and wishes of youth;
- planning and implementing social, educational, cultural and recreational activities for the youth;
- working with the Mayor, City Council, City department heads, schools, civic clubs and service organizations to provide service and leadership opportunities for the youth of the City; and,
- helping to instill a feeling of positive self-worth and esteem, teaching respect for the rights of others, and promoting community pride.
Questions? Contact Jessie Carpenter, City Clerk:
301-891-7267 or email@example.com.