Published on: Friday, November 5, 2021 Public Notices

Montgomery County residents can get up to $12,000 for rental assistance!

1. Apply for Rental Assistance – up to $12,000 available

Review Eligibility and document requirements at the website

  • Apply for rental assistance online at that site.
  • If you need assistance in completing the application call 311 or 240-777-0311. Landlords also can help complete applications.

2. Call a Support Organization for free help:

  • CASA: 301-431-4185
  • Housing Initiative Partnership: 301-916-5946
  • Latino Economic Development Center: 202-540-7438
  • Renters Alliance:

3. Steps to take if you get a court summons or judgment:

  1. Call for free help to access rights and protections:
    • Maryland Court Help Center Hotline: 410-260-1392 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
    • Maryland Legal Aid: 888-465-2468
    • Homeless Persons Representation Project: 410-387-3126
  2. Apply for rental assistance or update your application:
    • If you haven’t applied for rental assistance, apply at Include a copy or photo of your court summons or judgment (or red-and-white notice) and answer “yes” to the question asking if you have a current hearing notice from the District Court, a Court Judgment or a notice from the Sheriff’s office for eviction.
    • If you already applied for rental assistance, send an update about court status to get priority. Send email to: with your rent application case number and a copy or photo of your court summons or judgment (or red-and-white notice on your door).
  3. Call 311 (240-777-0311) and ask for Housing Stabilization Assistance.
  4. If you are called to court ➔ Come to court!
    • You must appear in court to present a defense and get your paperwork from Court. Then, ask one of the organizations listed above about the next step you should take.

You cannot be forced to leave your apartment without a court order and the presence of the Sheriff. If you have questions about a notice from your landlord, call 311 (240-777-0311), Office of Landlord-Tenant Affairs.


View Amharic translation
View Spanish translation