Takoma Junction Community Consultation
Neighborhood Development Company (NDC) in partnership with the City of Takoma Park will be hosting four community meetings in February and March to seek input and share information about the proposed project, located at the intersection of Ethan Allen and Carroll Avenue.
Public meetings will be held to solicit community input on specific design elements for the Takoma Junction redevelopment project. The two meetings will be identical in content and opportunity for feedback. Choose the option that works best for your schedule.
The first set of meetings will look at the topics of form and character with market and retail ideas:
- Thursday, February 23, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Fire station meeting room, 7201 Carroll Avenue
- Sunday, February 26, 3:30-5:30 p.m. at the Azalea Room, Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue
The second set of meetings will look at public realm and access and mobility:
- Thursday, March 9, 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the Azalea Room, Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue
- Sunday, March 12, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Fire Station meeting room, 7201 Carroll Avenue
Purpose of the Meetings:
- Learn more about the project, including details about the site, program elements, potential accesspoints, and retail concept.
- Provide feedback on NDC’s concept and give input on selected aspects of the project including material, character, scale, and public realm integration.If you plan to attend please call (301) 891-7119. RSVPs would be appreciated but are not required.