Join Us For New Ave Bikeways MTG - Thurs, Feb 18, 6pm
The goal of this project is to creatively redesign lanes on the southbound side on New Hampshire Avenue as a two-directional bikeway, while still providing vehicular access to properties.
The proposed bikeway will encourage alternative modes of transportation by creating a safer and more accessible travel lane separated from high speed automobile traffic. Dedicated bicycle infrastructure will help encourage bicycling as a viable mode of transportation in Takoma Park. For more information about the project please click here.
The City is currently working to develop 60% designs for an additional portion of the Bikeway from Auburn Avenue to Poplar Avenue (Section B).
The 30% design for Section B has been complicated and can be viewed here!
Public Meeting Registration
- When: Thursday February 18, 2021
- Time: 6:00pm
- Where: Zoom, Register in advance
Public Meeting Agenda
- Project Intro / funding mechanisms statement
- Present color roll plan (with street view for existing view / reference)
- Next Steps (Utility test pits, Geotech investigation, 60% design)
- Q & A