Time to Renew! The Takoma Park Recreation Department Scholarship Program
The Takoma Park Recreation Department scholarship program is designed to assist individuals and families accessing our programs, by providing an opportunity to apply for a lesser fee than the published amounts. Scholarships give Takoma Park residents an opportunity to learn, grow and have fun. Scholarship applications are valid for the calendar year in which you apply and all applications will need to be resubmitted every year, three weeks before registration. Take a moment to review the FAQ section as it may answer some questions you have.
Most programs offered by the Takoma Park Recreation Department are eligible including child care, day camps, and many other programs covering all ages. However, there are important exceptions please click here to view the list.
The Recreation Department’s scholarship opportunity is available to families who reside within Takoma Park City limits who are in need. Please note that some may have a Takoma Park mailing address but not live within City limits. To verify which Ward you live in visit our interactive map.
How To Apply
- Applications are valid for the calendar year in which you apply (Dec applications rollover).
- Completed applications, income chart, and accompanying documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will need to be resubmitted every year, three weeks before registration.
- Applications are available in Amharic, English, French and Spanish.
- Click here to find the applications in Amharic, English, French and Spanish.
The Recreation Dept. is feverishly working behind the scenes on reopening procedures for Childcare and Summer Camp. While you wait, if you are a Takoma Park resident in need review the new scholarship page and submit the application if interested. We know COVID has effected many families and we want to remove all the barriers for participation in our recreation programs.