Ways to Vote
Vote on Election Day
For the November 7, 2017 City Election, voting on election day will be held at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Early voting will be available November 1 – November 5. Early voting hours and locations:
Wednesday, November 1
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 2
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Friday, November 3
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Recreation Center, 7315 New Hampshire Avenue, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 4
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 5
• Early voting at Washington Adventist University, Wilkinson Hall, 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Vote by Mail
Any registered Takoma Park voter may apply to vote by mail in a City Election.
Submit a request to receive a ballot
- Complete, sign, and submit the vote by mail application electronically or print the vote by mail application (PDF) and follow the return instructions on the form.
- Upon verification of the voter’s eligibility, an election official will issue a ballot by mail or in person.
How the vote-by-mail process works
- Follow the instructions provided and vote the ballot.
- Seal the ballot in the ballot envelope. Sign the ballot envelope. Seal the ballot envelope in the return envelope.
- Return the ballot by mail or in person to the City Clerk’s Office.
- The ballot must be received before the polls close on the day of the election.
- After the polls are closed, the ballots are separated from the envelopes to preserve the confidentially of the ballot.
- The ballots are then counted along with votes cast on election day and during early voting.