What to Expect when you Vote in a Takoma Park City Election
Election Day Voting and Early Voting
The early voting experience is the same as that on election day.
- When you arrive at the voting location, you will see poll workers ready to assist you.
- If you are registered, you will proceed directly to the check-in table. You will be asked to:
- State your name, address, and month and day of birth.
- Sign a voter authority card verifying the information you provided.
- If you are not yet registered, you will be asked to go to the registration table.
- Registered voters will be handed a voter authority card at the check-in table or at the registration table, you will proceed to the ballot table where you will receive your ballot. Confirm that you have received the correct ballot for your ward.
- Vote your ballot – Takoma Park uses Instant Runoff Voting for municipal elections
- Insert it into the ballot box or scanner as directed
Wednesday, November 1
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 2
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Friday, November 3
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Recreation Center, 7315 New Hampshire Avenue, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 4
• Early voting at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 5
• Early voting at Washington Adventist University, Wilkinson Hall, 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.