Emergency Preparedness Committee
About the Emergency Preparedness Committee
Article 4. Emergency Preparedness Committee
2.16.100 Committee established.
There is established a Takoma Park Emergency Preparedness Committee. (Ord. 2021-39 § 1, 2021)
2.16.110 Statement of purpose.
The purpose of the Emergency Preparedness Committee is to provide community input to and assist in the City’s planning and preparations for emergency operations and to involve residents in providing appropriate assistance during emergency operations. (Ord. 2021-39 § 1, 2021)
2.16.120 Duties and responsibilities of the Committee.
The Emergency Preparedness Committee shall assist in:
- Reviewing the City’s Emergency Operations Plan and other supporting emergency documents and recommending changes to the Council and City Manager.
- Identify existing neighborhood and community groups and encourage the formation of volunteer neighborhood emergency teams that can assist their neighbors and/or the City in carrying out emergency activities.
- Coordinating with the City, Montgomery County, and other agencies to educate residents on their individual responsibilities in preparing their households for emergencies and providing information on what residents can expect from the City and County during an emergency.
- Provide research and data as well as assembled comments on emergency-related events as directed by the Council.
- Coordinating with Montgomery County to offer and promote resident training programs for residents.
- Advising the City on strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of City preparedness through the use of exercises or activities and using hazard and vulnerability assessments, with input from relevant agencies, organizations, and community groups.
- Providing opportunities, when appropriate, for Councilmembers to be present during emergency exercises as observers and solicit their feedback after an event.
- The Committee shall work with the City’s Emergency Preparedness Manager when performing its assigned duties and responsibilities. (Ord. 2021-39 § 1, 2021)
Contact the Emergency Preparedness Committee
Emergency Preparedness Committee Sections
Takoma Park Alert
Sign up for Takoma Park Alert and get important weather, emergency info and traffic updates sent to your computer, phone or tablet.
Info you need… when you need it!Sign Up For Takoma Park Alert