Careers With Takoma Park
- Multiple part-time Crossing Guards to help ensure the safe streets and passage of our young residents during before and after school hours during the MCPS school year.
- Police Dispatcher to provide prompt and accurate dispatching of police units and receive and disseminate emergency and non-emergency calls for service from citizens.
- Arts and Humanities Intern to assist in organizing and implementing the City’s wide range of arts programs
- Childcare Director(s) responsible for planning, leading, and conducting recreation activities, and Recreation Program Leaders to assist the Directors, for the department’s Morning Addition & Afternoon Addition at the Takoma Park Community Center or Before the Bell and After the Bell at the Takoma Park Recreation Center;
- Recreation Program Leader II – Teens to plan and administer all aspects of the Teen Lounge;
- Recreation Program Leader I – Teens to work with youth and teens grades 6-12.
- Economic Development Specialist to support local small business and the creation of a diverse and strong local economy through thoughtful programming, policies, and property development.
- Police Officers, both entry level and lateral, to patrol City streets; enforce local, state and federal laws; maintains law and order and protects life and property, and deters crime.
- More postings
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings once an offer has been extended.
Apply for a job at the City of Takoma Park
All applications for City positions MUST be sent through the online recruiting system.
- The first time you apply for a position with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account. On future visits, you’ll then be able to use your stored resume and contact information without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
- After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
- Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.
- Careers with Takoma Park
- Salary Range Tables
- 2023 Payroll Calendar (pdf)
- Forms and Resources for City Employees
- Employee Benefits
- Personnel Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of employment opportunities, from a teenager’s first job to senior management positions. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. Whether you are looking for an internship, part-time or seasonal work, or a long-term career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further.