Careers With Takoma Park
- Summer Camp positions now open: Camp Directors (must be at least 21 years of age), Recreation Program Leaders (must be at least 18 years of age), and Recreation Program Aides (for applicants 16-17 years of age)
- Sanitation Supervisor to oversee the City’s collection of trash, recycling, food waste, and yard waste from single-family and multi-family properties, and public parks and right of ways.
- Custodian (Evening shift 3-11pm) to perform routine building maintenance to include cleaning and repairing the property, systems, and equipment of multiple locations within the City of Takoma Park.
- Police Officers, both entry level and lateral, to patrol City streets; enforce local, state and federal laws; maintains law and order and protects life and property, and deters crime.
- Arts and Humanities intern to assist in organizing and implementing the City’s wide range of arts programs.
- System Administrator to ensure that the City’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently through maintaining, upgrading, and managing the City’s software, hardware, and networks.
- CDL Driver (part time, contract position) to provide transportation for the Recreation Department on an as needed basis. This position requires driving a 23-seat passenger bus for multiple trips and events throughout the Washington metropolitan area. This position requires a CDL license, with a B passenger endorsement.
- More postings
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings once an offer has been extended.
Apply for a job at the City of Takoma Park
All applications for City positions MUST be sent through the online recruiting system.
- The first time you apply for a position with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account. On future visits, you’ll then be able to use your stored resume and contact information without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
- After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
- Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.
- Careers with Takoma Park
- FY22 Salary Range Tables
- 2023 Payroll Calendar (pdf)
- Forms and Resources for City Employees
- Employee Benefits
- Personnel Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of employment opportunities, from a teenager’s first job to senior management positions. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. Whether you are looking for an internship, part-time or seasonal work, or a long-term career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further.