Careers With Takoma Park
- Part-time Grants Coordinator to oversee, administer, and manage City-sponsored grants, and grants awarded to the City from the County, State and Federal government as well as nonprofits and foundations.
- Entry Level Police Officer to patrol City streets; enforce local, state and federal laws; maintain law and order, protect life and property, and deter crime;
- Multiple part time Recreation Program Assistants for Sports to support the City’s many sports leagues along with a variety of programs throughout the year. This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Multiple seasonal leaf collection laborers to assist with the 2022 Leaf Collection Season. This position is temporary with employment beginning in November 2022 and ending in December 2022. Interviews and orientation will take place the afternoon of Wednesday, October 26th.
- Senior Accounting Assistant to provide support to the Finance Department, in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Right-of-Way Maintenance Technician to perform a variety of routine maintenance duties within the assigned area in parks and/or streets.
- Building Maintenance Specialist to perform skilled work in the repair and maintenance of City facilities and equipment.
- More postings
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings once an offer has been extended.
Apply for a job at the City of Takoma Park
All applications for City positions MUST be sent through the online recruiting system.
- The first time you apply for a position with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account. On future visits, you’ll then be able to use your stored resume and contact information without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
- After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
- Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.
- Careers with Takoma Park
- FY22 Salary Range Tables
- 2022 Payroll Calendar
- Forms and Resources for City Employees
- Employee Benefits
- Personnel Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of employment opportunities, from a teenager’s first job to senior management positions. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. Whether you are looking for an internship, part-time or seasonal work, or a long-term career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further.