Careers With Takoma Park
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of career opportunities. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide the expertise, dedication, and imagination to propel us toward a promising future.
We are a group of individuals who have come together to accomplish the goal of championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce and cooperative spirit. We welcome the opportunity to include you in this dynamic team of people who really care about providing excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. If you are looking for an interesting career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further!
- ARPA Manager to aid in the administration, oversight, tracking, and reporting of federal funds to aid in recovery from the COVID pandemic.
- Arts Intern to assist in the coordination, promotion, and staffing of the Takoma Park Arts series, public art projects, and the graphic design of fliers, posters, and other materials.
- Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to perform skilled work in the repair and maintenance of City facilities and equipment and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Building Maintenance division and Custodian division.
- Recreation Programs Coordinator to develop and implement programming to promote youth success through: outreach, enrichment activities and workforce/college readiness services for the City’s young residents.
- Crossing Guard and Substitute Crossing Guard to help ensure the safe streets and passage of our young residents during before and after school hours.
- Front Desk and Passport Agent to be responsible for the reception area of the Takoma Park Community Center and the processing of U.S. Passport applications
- Class Instructors (Contract) to teach a variety of classes for the Recreation Department.
- More postings
Online Recruiting System
The Takoma Park Human Resources Department online recruiting system is used to announce employment opportunities, accept applications, and provide applicants with feedback regarding the status of their applications.
How to Apply for a Career
Use our Career Opportunities site to view all of our current vacancies. This page is updated regularly. Vacancy announcements can be shared with friends who may be interested in working with the City. All applications are accepted via the online recruiting system only for those positions which are currently announced.
How to Use the Online Recruiting System
If this is your first application with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account with an email address. This will give you the opportunity to update your information from a single source without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
Once you have completed setting up your account, you will be able to apply for positions. You may do so by using the link for the position which interests you and selecting “apply”.
After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.