Careers With Takoma Park
- Multiple seasonal leaf collection laborers to assist with the 2022 Leaf Collection Season. This position is temporary with employment beginning in November 2022 and ending in December 2022. Interviews and orientation will take place the afternoon of Wednesday, October 26th.
- Mechanic to assist the Equipment Maintenance Division to perform diagnostics, trouble shoot and repair cars, trucks, trash trucks and other equipment.
- Senior Accounting Assistant to provide support to the Finance Department, in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Sustainability Manager, responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, and management of energy, climate, and resiliency programs to support Takoma Park’s net-zero greenhouse gas emissions city-wide by 2035 goal.
- Senior Policy and Data Analyst to provide the City Manager with accurate and timely information to support fast-paced decision-making on a range of public policy issues as well as explore cutting edge trends in local government to enhance government performance and promote innovation in Takoma Park.
- Director of Information Technology, to provide oversight and direction in the planning and implementation of technology solutions.
- Right-of-Way Maintenance Technician to perform a variety of routine maintenance duties within the assigned area in parks and/or streets.
- Building Maintenance Specialist to perform skilled work in the repair and maintenance of City facilities and equipment.
- More postings
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings once an offer has been extended.
Apply for a job at the City of Takoma Park
All applications for City positions MUST be sent through the online recruiting system.
- The first time you apply for a position with the City of Takoma Park, you will be prompted to set up an account. On future visits, you’ll then be able to use your stored resume and contact information without having to re-enter it each time you apply for employment opportunities.
- After you have completed your application, you will receive a notification via email that we have received your application. You will be able to track the status on your application by logging on to your account.
- Please check back often as we update our announcements on a regular basis and are frequently in search of strong talent to help us better serve the Takoma Park community.
- Careers with Takoma Park
- FY22 Salary Range Tables
- 2022 Payroll Calendar
- Forms and Resources for City Employees
- Employee Benefits
- Personnel Policies
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Takoma Park is an exciting organization offering a variety of employment opportunities, from a teenager’s first job to senior management positions. We welcome the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide excellent service to the residents of Takoma Park. Whether you are looking for an internship, part-time or seasonal work, or a long-term career with great benefits, competitive wages, and an employer who will encourage you to reach your maximum potential, look no further.