The City of Takoma Park provides notary services.
Regular hours are listed, but please call 301-891-7214 or 301-891-7230 to confirm that the notary is available.
Monday – Thursday:
9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Irma)
1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Peggye)
9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Peggye)
The service is free for Takoma Park residents and $4.00 per notary signature for non-residents. State-issued photo identification is required for processing.
- Documents to be notarized must be signed in front of the notary
- Bring the document(s) to be notarized
- Valid identification for each individual who will be signing
- Any required witness(es), and;
- The notary fee (if applicable).
Note: A notary public has no authority to certify a copy of a public record, a publicly recorded document, a school
record or diploma, a professional license, or any other public or private document or record which does not
pertain to the notary public’s official acts.