Active Alerts
  • No results found for this search.

Requests for Public Records

How to Request Public Records

The City of Takoma Park is committed to transparency in government. Individuals can request copies of public records or request a review of records in person. All requests for public records are handled by the City Clerk. Request public records by completing and submitting an online request:

Public records can also be requested by sending a written request to the email address or mailing address below:

City Clerk
City of Takoma Park
ATTN: Request for Public Records
7500 Maple Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912

Phone: 301-891-7267

Details about the Maryland Public Information Act may be found on the Maryland Attorney General’s website.

What Public Records Are Available?

The following records are available immediately upon request:

  • Audits
  • Adopted budgets
  • Takoma Park City Council meeting agendas including:
    • Agenda packet information
    • Adopted minutes
  • Ordinances
  • Resolutions
  • Any records published on a City of Takoma Park website

For Public Records Not on the Website

If you wish to review or request copies of documents that are not available on this website, request the information from the City Clerk. Provide as much detail in your request as possible, and include your contact information so we know how to reach you.


Photocopies of documents are $0.25 per page.

Complex requests for information may require staff research. There is a per hour charge for staff time after the first two hours. Details of the process are described in Public Information Act Requests – Administrative Regulation 01-03.

City Clerk Sections


City Council & Mayor Blog

Check out the City Council & Mayor Blog for news and updates from Takoma Park's Councilmembers.

The City Council and Mayor provide regular updates to help keep residents in the loop on what is new with Takoma Park!

Check it out!

Inclement Weather Line

Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.

Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.

Call The Inclement Weather Line