Starting in the late summer, the Takoma Park Recreation Department staff starts preparing for the Monster Bash to include a host of events that are designed for the entire family. The Monster Bash event normally kicks off at 1:00 PM with dancing and fun, followed by the Costume Parade and Contest and we will end the festivities with the Costume Award Ceremony and Celebration.
Monster Bash 2019 Event Information – *New Location*
Starting at Takoma Park Middle School
7611 Piney Branch Rd, Takoma Park, MD 20912
Saturday, October 26, 2019
1:00 – 5:00 PM (ending time is approx.)
Monster Bash Volunteers Needed!
Calling all adults & teens: If you would like to volunteer for this event, please register through Montgomery Serves or call 301-891-7290. Opportunities include judging the costume parade, working games, handing out snacks and many, many more!
Monster Bash Street Closures/Bus Detours
Walking is encouraged due to limited parking. In order to hold the event and ensure patron safety, we anticipate the following road blockages:
The roadway of Piney Branch Rd. (Rt. 320) will be closed to the north and south bound traffic between Ray Dr. and Philadelphia Ave. (Rt 410) during the parade.
Philadelphia Ave. will be closed to east and west bound traffic and all adjacent roadways between Maple Ave. and Piney Branch Rd. during the parade.
Rolling road closures will be at the following intersections from 1:30 PM- 4:00 PM:
- Piney Branch R. and Ray Dr.
- Grant Ave. and Chestnut Ave.
- Holly Ave. and Grant Ave.
- Chestnut Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
- Holly Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
- Birch Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
- Cedar Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
- Old Philadelphia Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
- Maple Ave. and Philadelphia Ave.
Ride On and Metrobus service will be interrupted on the aforementioned streets from 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
We are expecting to re-open the streets by 6:00 PM.
Please check back closer to the event for an updated list of street closures and detours.
In case of inclement weather:
- Call the Inclement Weather Line at 301-891-7101 ext. 5605.
- All Monster Bash activities will take place at Takoma Park Elementary School
- Street closures/detours will be lifted
Save the Date:
Monster Bash 2019
Saturday, October 26th
Meet us at TPMS!
About Monster Bash
The City of Takoma Park Recreation Department will now host our annual Monster Bash on Saturday, October 26 at a new location!
Please join us for the day’s event:
- The Kickoff for Monster Bash will be in the parking lot of Takoma Park Middle School from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM. There will be a DJ and roving entertainment.
- The Costume Contest and Parade will begin lining up at 2:00 PM and wind down Piney Branch Road to Philadelphia Ave., traveling all the way to the Library/Community Center parking lot.
- A local band will perform from 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM along with announcing the Costume Contest winners, a selfie station, games and more roving entertainment.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line