Suggest a Class or Program
Got a great idea for a class? Want to see an addition to current Recreation programming? Can you teach something virtually? The Recreation Department thrives on input from our wonderful, diverse community!
Important Information To Know About Becoming An Instructor:
- Instructors are considered Contractors and therefor not a City employee.
- We are not able to commit to every suggestion submitted.
- Classes are determined an average of 6 months out.
- Once classes are approved by the Recreation Department, Contractors must submit a Vendor Packet for payment (in most cases including a Certificate of Insurance listing the City as additionally insured).
- Contractors must submit (at their own expense) a yearly background screening application for themselves and any subcontractors.
- Contractors are responsible for marketing their classes and must follow the Recreation Department’s established guidelines for flyers.
Inclement Weather Line
Bad weather? Call the The Recreation Department’s Inclement Weather Line to check for weather closure information.
Call 301-891-7101 ext. 5605 to check for program cancellations due to weather.Call The Inclement Weather Line