City Career Recruitment Spotlight
The City of Takoma Park offers rewarding career opportunities in a variety of fields such as public works, recreation and law enforcement. We offer competitive wages and have an excellent benefits package for full-time and most part-time employees.
Interested in working here? Start by visiting our Careers With Takoma Park page. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the best in your endeavor to serve the community.
Featured Opportunities This Week:
- IT Director – We are recruiting for our next Director of Information Technology, to provide oversight and direction in the planning and implementation of technology solutions. The incumbent will use their expertise to build the municipal infrastructure, support department needs, acquire technology, and train staff or other end-users. This is a critical position as the City continues to streamline City processes, build software functionality and enhance software systems in multiple departments, and strengthen network security.
- Library Manager – The City of Takoma Park is currently seeking a Library Manager for Children and Young Adult Services for our brand-new, state of the art library, currently in the design approval stage. This position is responsible for managing the City library’s children’s and young adult service operations, and reports to the Library Director. Our incoming Library Manager for Children and Young Adult Services should be a vibrant, forward-thinking library professional who will both lead the children and young adult services staff and collaborate with the library management team. The incumbent should excel at connecting with their community, developing creative and inclusive programming, and supporting early literacy.
- Records Specialist – The City of Takoma Park is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to provide records management and office support to the City Clerk’s Office. This is a part time, 30-hour per week position. The incumbent should be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Custodian – The Public Works Department is seeking a full-time Custodian to clean and maintain City property while working under the general supervision of the Custodial Crew Leader and Facility Maintenance Supervisor. The hourly wage for this position is expected to be offered between $16.11 and $18.98.
- Facilities Maintenance Supervisor – The Public Works Department is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to perform skilled work in the repair and maintenance of City facilities and equipment. The position also oversees the day-to-day operations of the Building Maintenance division and Custodian division, and supervises the respective staff. The hourly wage for this position is expected to be offered between $31.90 per hour and $37.02 per hour.
- Recreations Program Supervisor – The Recreation Department is seeking an experienced Recreation Programs Supervisor to coordinate various child care programs. The selected candidate will serve as the coordinator for camps and the before and after school program for grades K-5, and will serve as the Department’s “go-to” for our ActiveNet registration software. The starting rate for this position is expected to be offered between $27.56 and $31.97 per hour.
- Sanitation Technician – The Public Works Department is seeking a Sanitation Technician to become a member of the Solid Waste Division within the Department of Public Works. The Sanitation Technician serves as a member of a collection crew responsible for collection of refuse and recyclables. The hourly wage for this position is expected to be offered between $16.92 and $19.93.
To apply for these positions, or learn more about other opportunities including summer camp and child care staff, please see the Careers with Takoma Park page.