City Manager Fox Continues Mask Mandate for All Employees and Visitors to City Buildings and Facilities Until Further Notice!
City Manager Jamal Fox has implemented a mask mandate for all city buildings and facilities in the City of Takoma Park. The mask mandate applies to all employees, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, and all visitors until further notice.
Please be advised that all employees and visitors will wear a mask for all indoor public spaces while in the city buildings and facilitates such as;
- Community Center/Police Department
- Takoma Park Maryland Library and computer center
- Public Works
- Recreation Center
- Heffner building
The City will take a healthy approach to stay the current course with our Mask Mandate policy for reasons listed below until further notice!
- Due to many reports regarding the potential serious flu season and COVID-19 surge over the next few months through the holidays.
- Public health professionals say there is a new and more contagious COVID-19 variant, Delta Plus (as described in the media), now in the nation.
- Vaccines for children ages 5-11 are in the early stages of deployment and will need time to be effective.
- CDC is considering “test to stay” in school programs, an alternative to quarantining students. This will allow students who test negative to continue to attend classes at school rather than be quarantined at home. This program potentially would have an impact on our recreation programs.
Read the original mandate here
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact:
Donna Wright, Communications Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-754-2963