COVID-19 Vaccination Updates from Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
As vaccine information is rapidly changing we encourage all residents to visit the Montgomery County Vaccine Website as well as Maryland State Vaccine Website for updated information. We also encourage all residents to text “MDReady” to 898-211 to get alerts from the State, including notices of when there are available appointments at the mass vaccination sites.
*Update* Starting April 6: based on the state’s accelerating vaccination rate and an anticipated increase in supply from the federal government, all Marylanders 16 and older are eligible for vaccination at Maryland’s mass vaccination sites.
To get Vaccinated at a Clinic Operated by Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services:
- Everyone must preregister. Beginning March 23, 2021:
- Preregistration expanded to adults age 60 and older
- We are currently preregistering all groups in Phase 1A, 1B and 1C in Montgomery County. Check the County vaccine webpage for preregistration information.
- Maryland state is currently in phase 2A
- Preregistration is NOT a vaccination appointment—it places you in the queue by priority group. When vaccine doses arrive, we contact residents from the preregistration list and invite them to make an appointment.
- When invited to make an appointment, preregistered individuals will receive an invitation to make an appointment by phone call or email directly from the County’s Department of Health and Human Services.
- Email invitations will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Vaccination Locations:
Preregistering on the County’s vaccine page does not mean you are registered with other venues.
In addition to the clinics operated by Montgomery County DHHS, hospitals and several community partners have COVID-19 vaccines available to the public. These clinics follow the State guidelines, and not the rules issued by the County. Therefore, they may be vaccinating priority groups that the County-operated clinics are not. Vaccine supply continues to be limited at all venues in Montgomery County.
Please visit the Maryland State Website to view a list of vaccination clinics near you.
- Adventist HealthCare
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- MedStar Health
- Suburban Hospital, a subsidiary of Johns Hopkins (Suburban Hospital is prioritizing existing patients in the Hopkins system).
Retail partners include:
Statewide Mass Vaccination Sites:
- Statewide Mass Vaccination Sites require Pre-Registration: Click here
- The pre-registration list will allow the state to contact you when you are eligible to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine at one of our Mass Vaccination Site locations: Six Flags America Theme Park, Regency Furniture Stadium (Blue Crabs Stadium), Wicomico Civic Center, Hagerstown Premium Outlets, M&T Bank Stadium.
Telephone Assistance for Preregistering in both Spanish and English:
Residents are encouraged to assist their neighbors, family members, and friends to preregister if they need help.
- Montgomery County: Those without internet access can call the Preregistration Helpline for assistance at 240-777-2982 seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bilingual staff (English/Spanish) are available and call takers can also access a translation line to help callers with many other languages.
- Maryland Statewide: You can also schedule by calling 855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829). Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7 am to 10 pm. You will answer the same questions to determine eligibility by phone, as you would by going through the online process.
This line is for preregistration only.
- General questions about vaccinations and COVID-19 can be answered by calling 240-777-1755 seven days a week from
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Until the vaccine supply increases, we urge you to continue practicing social distancing, limiting your exposure to individuals outside your household, wearing masks and washing hands.