The Recreation Dept is seeking a proposal for Summer Meals and Enrichment Program: RFP #RD-2020-2-21
The City of Takoma Park is seeking a qualified organization or individual to provide the City’s youth, 1st through 12th grade, with a six-week summer enrichment and meals program.
The purpose of the summer meals and enrichment program is to provide summer academic enrichment opportunities for underserved Takoma Park youth that assists with meeting local and state academic standards in core content areas, such as reading and mathematics.
The program may also provide activities for youth development, drug and violence prevention, art, music, character education, counseling, and recreation to enhance the program’s academic components. The program should also include a summer meals component.
The focus of the summer meals and enrichment program should include, but not be limited to, serving approximately 175, 1st through 12th-grade students:
- Implement the summer youth meals and enrichment program on the following days/hours: (holidays not included)
– Monday thru Friday 10 am – 3 pm (6-weeks)
– Breakfast: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 10 am
– Lunch: Monday – Friday 12 pm – 1 pm
- Ability to provide transportation from designated locations to program
- Provide a safe and easily accessible facility for program implementation, including the computer lab
Maintain a student-staff ratio of 13:1 or less
Provide program “low to no costs” for parents
- Ability to implement and have access to programs, activities, and curriculum focused on the following: Education, Character & Leadership, Technology, Health & Life Skills, Arts, Fitness & Recreation
- Provide summer meals (breakfast and lunch)
Provide in-kind support in areas of facilities, programs, supplies, staff and volunteers, transportation, insurance, media, and training
Review the entire RFP
February 3, 2020
February 21, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM
For technical information, please contact:
City of Takoma Park
7500 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912