City Election 2017: Engage, Register, and Vote
The Takoma Park City Election will be here before you know it, and we want to make sure everyone is ready to engage, register, and vote during the upcoming election!
Are you thinking of running for office? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Three-year term in 2017 (two-year term will resume in 2020)
- Must be nominated at the Nominating Caucus on September 12, but start preparing now
- Detailed candidate qualification information is available here
You may register to vote in Takoma Park elections if you:
- Are a resident of the City of Takoma Park
- Do not claim the right to vote elsewhere
- Will be at least 16 years old on election day
- Are not be under guardianship for mental disability or, if you are, you have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote
- Have not been convicted of buying or selling votes
- Nominating Caucus – Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 7:30 p.m. Auditorium, Takoma Park Community Center
- Early Voting – Wednesday, November 1 – Sunday, November 5 (times and locations vary)
- Election Day – Tuesday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Takoma Park Community Center
- Certification of Results Reported to Council – Thursday, November 9, 7:30 p.m. Azalea Room, Takoma Park Community Center
- New Mayor and City Council Sworn In – Wednesday, November 15, 7:30 p.m. Auditorium, Takoma Park Community Center
Both United States citizen residents of Takoma Park and non-U.S. citizen residents are eligible to register and vote in Takoma Park elections.
Not everyone who registers to vote in City elections will be eligible to vote in county, state or national elections. Review the registration form carefully to understand the requirements for voting in the State of Maryland.
For more information about the Takoma Park City Election 2017, please visit takomaparkmd.gov/election-2017.