Grantee Spotlight: Cyberninjaz
The City is excited to partner, for the first time in FY21, with Cyberninjaz. Founded in 2014 by educators and professionals with a passion for workforce development, Cyberninjaz’s programming helps kids and young adults develop into more educated, disciplined, empowered, and well-rounded individuals with the skills needed to work in the modern digital era.
Through the “Quality of Life” Grant program, Cyberninjaz is offering FREE and all-virtual, after-school STEAM courses Monday thru Saturday starting October 26th. Classes for each course last one hour and are held twice a week, and students may sign-up for more than one course concurrently.
Classes begin the week of Monday, October 26, 2020. Register today.
- Explore Physics on Monday/Wednesday between 4 – 5 pm (Ages: 11+)
- Intro. to Programming on Monday/Wednesday between 5 – 6 pm (Ages: 8+)
- Web/UX Design on Tuesday/Thursday between 4 – 5 pm (Ages: 8+)
- 3D / Game Design on Tuesday/Thursday between 5 – 6 pm (Ages: 13+)
- Cyber Security on Friday between 5 – 6 pm, and Saturday between 1 – 2 pm (Ages: 13+)
The City of Takoma Park’s Community “Quality of Life” Grant program provides financial support for projects that provide greater access and participation in the arts and sciences for predominantly low-and moderate-income Takoma Park residents.