Takoma Park Getting Ready for the Best Weekend Ever!
Looking for road closure or parking information? Visit the GreenFest & Takoma Park 5K Challenge Street Closures & Parking Restrictions alert for more info.
Courtesy of Main Street Takoma:
The Montgomery County GreenFest is taking over 2 blocks of Takoma Park with music, films, speakers, exhibitors and workshops all focused on building community and improving our environment. We hope you’ll join us!
Don’t miss the electric vehicle show, 80 exhibitors, panel discussions, workshops, kids activities, and more. Special welcome by EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy.
Attendees can get a Greenfest sticker to enjoy discounts from local businesses including:
- $3 Cold Brewed Iced Coffee and $2.25 Iced Teas at La Mano Coffee Bar, 304 Carroll St, NW, plus an additional 10% off if you bring your own cup
- 10% off at Kin Da Thai Sushi, 6923 Laurel Ave
- One free coffee or espresso for each customer that buys gelato or sorbet at Dolci Gelati, 7000 Carroll Ave
- Mark’s Kitchen, 7006 Carroll Ave, will offer 25% off all burgers
- Olive Lounge, 7006 Carroll Ave, is offering $3.75 drafts and $3.50 for all dips on their menu
- 10% off at Capital City Cheesecake, 7071 Carroll Ave
To receive the discounts, GreenFest attendees must be wearing a “Montgomery County GreenFest” sticker, which will be available at the GreenFest info booth and the Old Takoma Business Association/Main Street Takoma booth the day of the festival.
Safe Routes to School Takoma Park 5K Challenge
Race day is Sunday, May 1!
The Safe Routes to School Takoma Park 5K Challenge promotes pedestrian safety by challenging the students, parents and staff at participating schools, and area residents to train and compete in the annual event held the first Sunday in May. Events include a 5K run or walk, a one-mile fun run and a quarter mile youth race. Proceeds from the 5K Challenge fund pedestrian safety and health initiatives through the local Parent Teacher Associations.