Proposed Administrative Regulation - Telecommunications Facilities and Equipment in City Rights-of-Way
An Administrative Regulation is being proposed for the implementation and enforcement of Takoma Park Code, Chapter 11.12 Streets – Permits and Improvements, to regulate the installation of certain telecommunications facilities and equipment in City rights-of-way.
The regulation will address permit applications, process for review of applications, requirements for approval of applications, aesthetic requirements, fees, and continuing obligations of permittees.
Pursuant to the requirements of the “Administrative Regulations Ordinance” (Authority: Chapter 2.12 “Administrative Regulations,” of the Takoma Park Code), notice of the City’s intention to adopt an administrative regulation must be publicly noted, allowing the public an opportunity to comment on the proposal.
The deadline for receipt of public comments is Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
Schedule for Review of the Regulation:
• Publication of Proposed Regulation – April 30, 2019
• Presentation and Public Hearing – Wednesday, June 12, 2019
• City Council Work Session Discussion – Wednesday, June 19, 2019
• Publication of Regulation and Notice of Final Action – July 2019 City Newsletter
• Effective Date – July 15, 2019
To obtain further information about the proposed regulation, contact Daryl Braithwaite, Director, Department of Public Works, 301-891-7615, DarylB@takomaparkmd.gov.