Takoma Park Youth Council Applications Available
The City Council will appoint nine young people to serve as the 2018-2019 Takoma Park Youth Council. The application deadline has been extended to October 15.
Youth Council member qualifications:
- Takoma Park residents
- Students in grades 7-12
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average for the current school year
The Takoma Park Youth Council provide opportunities for young people in Takoma Park to:
- acquire a greater knowledge of and appreciation for local government through active participation in the system;
- help the City Council to address problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of youth; and
- serve the youth of Takoma Park by:
- informing the Takoma Park municipal government of the needs and wishes of youth,
- planning and implementing social, educational, cultural and recreational activities for the youth,
- working with the Mayor, City Council, City department heads, schools, civic clubs and service organizations to provide service and leadership opportunities for the youth of the City, and,
- helping to instill a feeling of positive self-worth and esteem, teaching respect for the rights of others, and promoting community pride.
The application to serve on the 2018-2019 Takoma Park Youth Council is now available. Apply by
September 30. October 15.
Additional information is available on the Youth Council web page.