Takoma Station Development - First Deadline for Community Comments is Friday, April 21 by 5:00pm
A proposal for a new mix-use development on the 6.4-acre parcel next to the Takoma Metro station is undergoing the early stages of DC’s development review process. The project, named Takoma Station, is a joint development between the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) and the development firm EYA. The proposed project would add new affordable and market-rate residential units, ground-floor retail, public green space, a pedestrian plaza, and new, metered on-site parking.
The project is fully within DC’s jurisdiction and development review process. However, Takoma Park residents may still submit comments on the project prior to or during a number of upcoming public hearings. There are three important approval meetings and one online feedback opportunity coming up in the next three months:
Review: WMATA Staff Draft Report
- Comment Period: April 11-21, 2023
- Document for Review: Draft Staff Report
- Written comments on the draft Staff Report may be emailed to WMATAHearingReport@wmata.com and must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2023.
Hearing: WMATA Board Vote on the Development Compact
- Meeting Date: TBD (planned for mid-May)
- Meeting Location: Metro Headquarters (300 7th St SW, Washington, DC)
- To Submit Comments: Submit comments in-person at the meeting or via audio or video recordings that can be submitted using the instructions on WMATA’s Public Comment web page.
- At this meeting, the WMATA Board will make a final determination about whether to approve the proposed changes to WMATA’s bus and kiss-and-ride configuration based on a review of the Draft Staff Report.
Hearing: DC Historic Preservation Review Board
- Meeting Date: May 25 or June 1
- Meeting Location: Virtual link (access the link here:
- To confirm the meeting date, and agenda and to submit public comments, visit HPRB’s webpage.
- At this meeting, the DC HPRB will review EYA’s full project proposal for compliance with historic preservation regulations in DC.
Hearing: DC Zoning Commission
- Meeting Date: June 15 @ 4:00 pm
- Meeting Location: Virtual (links for the meeting are not yet posted to the DCZC web page; the meeting details appear to be posted one week out.)
- To Submit Comments: Follow the instructions for how to testify during the meeting on the virtual hearings website: (https://dcoz.dc.gov/service/watch-live-virtual-zcbza-hearingsmeetings)
City staff are tracking the project’s development and preparing fuller responses to share publicly soon.
For more information on these projects and their ongoing process, visit their project pages: